Monday, September 7, 2009

College decisions

I have written about college before, but that was a month ago, and I am still having college woes. I actually started filling out applications the other day. So far, Biola University, Westmont, and Point Loma Nazarene University are on my list. I think I'm going to check out Azusa Pacific as well. I now have essays to write, SATs to retake (even though my first attempt wasn't too shabby with well over 600s in every category. But when Frank Thiessen is your college counselor, be expected to work your heart out.) I also have to fill out the FAFSA, find scholarships, get teacher reccommendations, find some way to pay for room and board, take the ACT...just thinking about all of this gives me a headache. Of course, my four AP classes at my high school cannot suffer during this season either. And debate season officially opens this weekend and will last, Lord willing, until June.
But I am thoroughly convinced that I can handle all this. After all, the trying times are the times when I discover what I am really made of. I have survived Mrs. Walker's AP English Language class, so I am convinced I can survive the college search chaos and college itself.
I am sorry to bore anyone with this college stuff, but it has been on my mind recently. Anyone else have college stresses to share?

2 comments:

  1. Girlie, you are all ready applying? I'm thinking of waiting until the second date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, im trying to get some full-ride scholarships and that requires early application deadlines. It stinks, though cuz I want to get a higher SAT score before I apply. I don't know. I'm soooo confused. Brain overload!

    ReplyDelete