Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Infamous College Search

College is a major decision in the lives of most teenagers, myself included. I am on the brink of deciding where I will spend the next four years of my life. God's will is a buzzword in Christian circles discussing college, majors, and life plans. I am right, smack in the middle of figuring all this out.

For the first time I can remember, I am making a major live-changing decision. And my parents can't make it for me. I remember when I used to just give it all to my parents and let them decide my future. Those days are long gone... I'm on my own as far as decisions are concerned. And I have never enjoyed making big decisions, which doesn't make this one any easier.

Although I am excited about pursuing a career and making my own future with my own hands, I am a bit apprehensive, as many people are. What if I choose the wrong college? Is that even feasible? The only thing I can do, outisde of tons of research, is pray that God will show me where He wants me.

I have long thought that I would attend a Christian college. But lately I have been re-thinking this. My debate coach once told me that "the darker areas need what you have to offer." Is t God's will that I go to some liberal, secular university in order to be a light? Or am I still too impressionable which means I should go to a private Christian college and spend time being influenced by Christian friends and professors?

Funny...the older you get, the more complicated things get...

No comments:

Post a Comment