Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Let's Start at the Very Beginning...

How did all this get started? That's a very good question. I have always loved to write. I have especially loved to make my thoughts known. But, not everybody wants to hear one's thoughts. So why not make the availability of my thoughts optional? I could get all the ideas swimming around in my head out, while not forcing my family to listen to my constant chatter. And this is the result.

The bolg is named (for the present time) "Insurgi Fidelis." This is Latin for "true rebel." Now, I have never considered myself a rebel, but a friend of mine made this comment to me as we drove down one of the local streets talking about life. When she told me, I believe I laughed. I'm not the rebel type. Actually, I'm the exact anitithesis of a rebel. My curly brown hair hangs to my shoulders, and it has never been dyed any color...especially not the classic rebellious black. I was probably wearing a pair of Bermuda shorts, flip-flops, and a blouse. I have no piercings, no tattoos, and I look...normal.

So why am I a rebel? Because in today's culture, rebellion has become the norm. Everyone tries to rebel against the laws of established society. So...if everyone is doing it...then rebellion is not rebellion. The only true rebellion is rebelling against rebellion and going back to the Way, the Truth, and the Life...Jesus Christ. By doing so, I am rebelling against the world of conformity I see around me, but instead I choose to be transformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment