Friday, August 20, 2010

So Much

So much has happened in the last few days. I left for college. It's so much to take in. I've laughed and I've cried. I've cried because I felt so blessed by God and I've cried because I felt so homesick for my family, my friends, my high school, my church, and all that was "home" to me.

I've been able to get to know wonderful men and women of God. They have prayed for me and with me. I've met fellow freshmen who will become some of my closest friends here at Biola, Lord willing.

I am thoroughly exhausted both physically and emotionally. These past four days have been some of the most important of my life as far as bringing me closer to God and trusting Him to make me feel that home is whenever I am with Him. I have so enjoyed the many little (and big) blessings He has given me this week. On top of that, I have had tons of fun, and laughed a lot.

At the same time, this week has been one of the most trying of my life. I think there are only about three other weeks in my life that could compare. I have felt so lonely, not due to lack of people around me, but due to the lack of people who I haved cared about in Bakersfield. Being sick has not helped. I longed for the sound of my parents coming into my room with orange juice and medicine to take care of me. Instead, I had to take care of myself. I longed for a hug from Ryan, but he is 100 miles away. I longed to plop down on my mom's bed and tell her my woes. I longed to walk into one of the classrooms at my high school and be greeted by a hug and a listening ear.

Tomorrow, my dad is driving down to see me and be here for opening weekend. I can't remember the last time I so desperately wanted to see my father.

It will get better. I know it will. God is with me, after all, so I shouldn't be afriad, whether things go the way I hope or not. One day at a time. One step at a time. One breath at a time.

4 comments:

  1. It will get better. and until then, there are lots of us here with hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siobhan, I'm so glad you're in Quadratus. Can I just adopt you as my little sister? Can I just adopt you all? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, my friend and sister in Christ. (=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone!

    ReplyDelete