Friday, March 11, 2011

On the Idea of Self

I am sick of myself.

Finally.

You would think that constantly being wrapped up with myself, I would have gotten sick of myself sooner, but I haven't. What does that say about my ego?

I wish there was somewhere I could go where there would not be the perpetual reminder from the world saying, "You are the important one. You are what your life is all about. You are what the world is all about." But it has been so ingrained into me, that even if I go somewhere without advertisements, billboards, self-help books, and coffee shops, I will still have this mentality. I will still think that everything is important in relation to me, not that I might be important because of Someone else, not because of myself.

I am glad that I am in a place where I get this feeling. I feel inadequate, inept, and humbled. I thank God for putting me in a place where I am intellectually humbled. I am not all that important. God does not need my help, but allows me to help in His grand plan. The world is not waited with baited breath to find out what is on my mind. Others are more important than I am.
Inspired by this (http://firstthings.com/blogs/evangel/2011/03/on-hearing-about-an-earthquake/) post by Dr. John Mark Reynolds.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this.
    I totally agree.
    Props to you, Gaelic Sister.

    ReplyDelete