Monday, January 31, 2011

I Am Thankful For...

  • Biola.
  • Friends who move in before me and are here to welcome me.
  • Johnny Cash.
  • The fact that my dad has enough Johnny Cash music to last the entire drive from Bakersfield to Biola. And then some.
  • Tears.
  • My family. Even with all of our fights, grudges, tears, disabilities, stupid comments, sloppiness, stubborness, and pride. I'm still thankful for them.
  • Arriving at Biola safely and not getting hit on the tricky interchange between the I-5, the 60, and the 10. And safely getting over the Grapevine.
  • Having Jenna in my American Lit class and Spencer in my Spanish class.
  • Hugs.
  • Friends who missed me.
  • Bakersfield and Woody.
  • Rain. Lots and lots of rain.
  • The rain that drowns out the Sufjan music playing in the car as I drive through green rolling hills to church.
  • The Biola caf.
  • The Irish.
  • The National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
  • The Boy Scouts.
  • The fact that I didn't get that receptionist job.
  • The fact that I have to rely on God for where money will come from.
  • Scholarship searches.
  • Tea.
  • Commons.
  • Posters in my dorm room.
  • The picture of my best friend and her family holding a plaque that says, "God Is In Control" that is posted where I can see it from my desk.
  • More books than I have shelf space for.
  • Internet access from my dorm room.
  • My friends from high school.
  • Getting into a literature class.
  • The fact that I have a P.E. class even if it wasn't the one I wanted and even though I'm scared to death about that class.
  • Little things that give me a familiarity of being "home."

No comments:

Post a Comment