Monday, July 19, 2010

Ambitions, Goals, and Dreams...aka a Bucket List

Here's what I would love to do at some point in my life, Lord willing. These are in no particular order, with the exception of getting married part coming before the having kids part.

-Travel
-Travel to Ireland
-Travel to Israel
-Graduate college
-Preferably with a Torrey completion certificate or whatever it is that they give you, and with my sanity in check. Not quite sure if that's possible, but that's where the "dream" part comes in.
-Teach high school English
-Visit Euna in Korea
-Be poor at some point (yes, I actually desire to be poor. I would rather be poor than rich)
-Be a missionary in some form
-Get married
-Have kids
-Give my son the middle name "Quadratus"
-Adopt a child
-Take in foster kids (All this is after the "be poor at some point" phase!)
-Homeschool my kids
-Write something that gets published, preferably if it involves me getting paid
-Visit a third-world country
-Quote C.S. Lewis to someone I meet in the grocery store line
-Live on my family's ranch, in the barn my dad built and set it up as a home for my family and a bunch of troubled foster kids. Then teach the all kids the power of hard word, lots of love, and lots of good food.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely fantastic! I might have to mooch your idea and make my own bucket list.

    And Torrey gives you a ring when you graduate. How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that's totally cool! But I still want my sanity...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Israel here we come!!!!!

    ReplyDelete