Monday, July 12, 2010

My Assessment of The Iliad

-Achilles needs some anger management classes.
-I applaud Odysseus. I think he is a pretty swell guy. Honest, brave, smart, respected, faithful.
-Zeus is a nut job and not only needs anger management classes, but also a reality check. The world doesn't revolve around him (though as head god, I guess he would think it does).
-I actually like Hector. For a Trojan, he's a nice guy. He loves his wife and his son, and works hard to defend his city.
-Paris is an absolute jerk. You don't steal another man's wife and then let your city fight a war over it.
-Hera is a witch.
-Athena...good job for standing up to your father who is absolutely insane.
-Women are not objects to be bought and sold, objects to be used for bribery, materials for a treaty, or items to be stolen and used. I'm not a feminist by any standard, but women are not to be treated like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment