Tuesday, July 20, 2010

MS

If I could stomach it, I would be a nursing major. Really. But I get nauseous just walking into a hospital, and my heart rate goes up at least ten beats per minute when I walk into a doctor's office. But if I was made for dissecting body parts and seeing blood and all that jazz I really would be a nurse. Because I hate, loathe, and despise MS with a burning and firey passion equal to only the devil himself, and I want to help anyone who has to deal with this.

MS, or Multiple Sclerosis is a disease that attacks a person's and nervous system (if I remember 9th grade biology correctly) and impairs a person from moving. My mother was diagnosed with MS about eight years ago. She has lost much of her ability to move freely and is in much pain a lot of the time. She can now only walk ten feet at a time and sometimes even that far is too far for her. And she keeps getting worse.

MS is a huge part of my life. It has brought many tears, fights, hurt, sadness, grief, and hatred. I almost lost my faith in God because of MS. The worst pain I have ever experienced is watching others treat my mother hurtfully because she has trouble moving. That pain and those memories will never leave.

Some people wonder why I'm going away to college when my mother is in such a bad condition. It's because God told me to. And because she wants me to. She wants me to have a full life with a strong education. So I will.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you.

    I understand about going off to college in that sort of situation. My mom had a really bad stroke the week before Torrientation. It's hard, but if it's where God has you, you need to do it. <3

    ReplyDelete