Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Family of God

I love my church. I really do. First of all, it's a country church, which means I can be in the mountains and worship God with other believers...at the same time. That alone is pretty awesome.

Second, the people at my church are just phenomenal. They take care of me, invite me to "family-only" get-togethers, pray for me, and just all-around love me. It's a nice feeling to know that you have a family outside of your blood relatives. And I know the people at my church don't love me because I'm Kevin and Marlene's daughter, or because of any monetary status I may have (which is nil), or because I get good grades. They couldn't care less about any of that. Instead, they love me because they are a part of the family of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment